Monday, February 27, 2006

BLARF

This weekend ended up being a bit of a disappointment in some ways. I hung out with a friend on Friday after work, and then came home and watched Ice Age with Dan. It is a surprisingly cute movie; I genuinely enjoyed it. I like how Dan has such diverse taste in movies; one day he's watching the Pianist, another and its Amelie on the TV screen, the next its Ice Age. Very nice.

Unfortunately, he took NyQuil that night and didn't wake up until 4 pm on Saturday. He needed the sleep though, to finally kill off his cold. We didn't get to run all of our errands that day because of it, but I got the chance to do something I hadn't done in too long: read a book from cover to cover in one day. This weekend's book: Marley and Me -- Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog." It was a lovely book. I laughed and cried and everything in between, punctuated by several "AWWWW!"s. It makes me yearn for a puppy. I should be careful, though. Puppyhood is only a step away from motherhood, and I'm definitely not sure about THAT. We then had a great sushi dinner at our favorite Japanese restaurant (what better way to eat on a Saturday?).

We went to FLARF on Sunday (FLoridA Renaissance Festival) because a friend begged us to. Once we were there, we couldn't find her for a few hours. Once we did find her, it started pouring down rain. That, combined with the cold front that followed it, combined with the smoke, incense, and "privy-stench," I pretty much vomited the afternoon away, both in the car and at home. I should have known it all along: Renfaires make me sick. (For those of you who don't know, I'm a recovering Rennie -- and living with one as well) I miraculously woke up feeling good enough to go to work today, at least.

But overall? Life is good. I'm young, in love, and have someone to enjoy the world with. Does it get any better than this?

No comments: