Thursday, April 26, 2007

I can't shake myself out of this funk I'm in. I just miss home and my friends and my family so much, and I can't find anything like them here. I can't be myself here. I miss being able to call up someone I've known since middle school and having coffee with them. I hate hearing about all the fun activities my friends are doing without me back home.

I wish I had a home. Miami isn't home anymore and Cleveland isn't home yet. I don't know if it will ever feel like home.

I miss being happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey woman,

This is Sandra. I know we haven't chatted for quite a while. I still think of you and wonder how you are doing. I know how you feel. Exactly how you feel. I've been here for what feels like an eternity, and it still doesn't feel like home. It probably never will, but I've learned to appreciate what I know I'll never experience if I ever move away: the silence, the old neighbors that go to sleep as soon as the sun even hints at setting, the neighborhood cats that fight and chase one another into the sewer grates, where they still continue fighting (listening to their screeches from below street level is both fun and creepy!), The Tree (I picked a tree to admire every time I walk/drive by it), the rose bushes I planted and haven't killed yet, the guy that sits on a park bench a hundred feet away from my living room window and plays the banjo at 7:30am... Anyway. I'm just sending you a hug.